Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Scorese quotes.....!

MARTIN SCORSESE......my all time favorite director. He is the guy who gave us the legendary films like 'TAXI DRIVER','THE GANGS OF NEW YORK' and critically acclaimed and oscar winner 'DEPARTED'. He is the only director who showed the courage to make khasantsakhi's most controversial book 'The last temptation of the christ' in to film. Now every scorsese fans are eagerly waiting for his next di-caprio pick 'SHUTTER ISLAND'. Here are some of my favorite scorsese quotes...

" I always say that I 've been in a bad mood for may be 35 years now. I try to lighten it up, but that's what comes out when you get me in camera."

" I do know that some Budhists are able to attain peace of mind."

" I love studying ancient history and seeing how empires rise and fall sowing the seeds of their own destruction!"

" There is no such thing as simple. Simple is hard."

" It seems to me that any sensible person must see that violence does not change the world and if it does,then only temprorily.'"

" Now more than ever we need to talk to each other ,to listen to each other and how we see the world and cinema is the best medium for doing this!"

" I certainly wasn't able to get in when I was a kid growing up on the lower east side;it was very hard at that time for me to balance that what I really believed was the right way to live with the violence. I saw all around me. I saw too much of it among the people I knew..."

No comments:

Post a Comment